Let’s dive right in!
Why does it work?
We all know that referral marketing works.
It performs better than any other marketing tactic or channel.
People are more likely to buy a product or service that is referred to them by a person they know.
It’s a universal human trait.
But, you are probably wondering why this is happening and when it started.
I will share with you one of the most famous examples.
It all started in the US of the 50’s, with the popular Tupperware parties.
Tupperware parties were hosted mostly by women, at that time, and were simple social gatherings where the host did a presentation of Tupperware’s products.
3 ways to introduce a Referral Program to your ecommerce customers:
- Build a dedicated landing page.
- Setup email campaigns.
- Leverage Messenger as a marketing channel.
1. Build a dedicated landing page.
2. Setup email campaigns.
Monitoring the performance of your past campaigns will help you identify trends and realize what is normal and what is not.
Once you are sure about what is typical for your eCommerce business, you can make a segment of your subscribers and introduce your referral program.
3. Leverage Messenger as a marketing channel.
With 88% open rates and 56% click-through rates, Messenger is one of the most powerful marketing channels.
Ecommerce businesses are using it for several use cases:
- Automate conversations with their audience across touchpoints
- Send auto-replies to Facebook post comments
- Segment their Messenger audience and send highly-targeted campaigns
- Recover their abandoned shopping carts
Before you go.