How does it work?
- Participants have to invite an X number of Messenger friends in order to get to the first milestone and be eligible for the corresponding reward. They automatically receive a Messenger message that informs them accordingly.
- Then, they have to invite another X number of Messenger friends to get to the next milestone, and so on, until they reach the final milestone and the ultimate reward.
Why choose a Milestone Referral campaign and not just a regular giveaway campaign?
Milestone Referral Template (inspired by Harry’s) is one of our most successful templates which can help you achieve a high k-factor! This is due to the gamification logic of the template that motivates people to join and keep on referring their friends, as well as its versatility. It is exceptionally efficient when you wish to run an ambassador program or a pre-launch campaign.
This happens for two reasons:
- People are not used to this kind of campaign, so Milestone referral campaigns have up to 5x better performance than regular pre-launch campaigns or giveaways.
- You can combine several prizes and gamify the experience. You can always choose to have only discount coupons as rewards but we suggest you use a more creative approach to incentivize people to invite their friends.
What rewards should I offer?
Υou can choose anything your target audience would consider valuable. If you need help choosing rewards, take a look here.
Essentially, you can offer anything as a reward to your participants. So, for example, when they reach the first milestone of the campaign, you can offer a 10% discount coupon for your e-Commerce store. When they reach the second milestone, you can offer them a T-shirt or stickers from your brand, and so on.
As soon as someone reaches a milestone, they receive the relevant milestone Messenger message, the one that you have tailored according to your needs through the Manychat Template.
Each milestone has its own Messenger message notification which means that you can include different instructions in each one. For example:
- If you offer coupon codes, you can include that in the Messenger message.
- If you offer physical gifts, such as a hat or a t-shirt, you can ask them to fill in a digital form with their address and the desired t-shirt size, so that you can mail them those gifts.
Isn't that simple and powerful? Let us know if you need more details on that!
Share button will be removed from Facebook in mid-August. How will the Milestone Referral for Messenger be affected by these changes?
We’re already working on a workaround solution. We’re aiming to update the existing the Milestone Referral for Messenger with a forward or/and share on Facebook solution. Subscribe to our newsletter and stay tuned for our upcoming product updates.
It will not include the share button that opens the share dialog within the conversation but you will still be able to forward the sharing message to your friends as you can now do in the messenger. The copy will be changed in order to prompt people to do so.
Also, we will probably include a Share on your Facebook feed option. The Milestone Referral Template for Messenger will get shared on the user’s Facebook profile. The user’s friends that click on the shared link will have to opt-in to claim whatever reward/offer from the embedded refURL.
Ηow does this Template comply with Facebook no longer allowing incentive for sharing?
In general, Facebook Pages are allowed to run referral campaigns and giveaways by incentivizing people to invite their friends to take actions and get several rewards. But, it depends on the case and reward if a campaign is compliant with Messenger's Terms of Services.
People are prompted to invite their friends based on altruism (people do not get rewarded for just sharing).
For example: "Invite your friends to get a chance to win this great reward!"
We still do track referrals and who invited whom. This helps brands identify their advocates and run targeted marketing campaigns.