Why businesses trust WeScaleStartups
Running prelaunch waitlists and Refer-a-Friend campaigns.
How do you choose what kind of referral campaign fits a company?
How long does a waitlist take to become successful?
What is the most effective waitlist incentive for an upcoming product?
- Exclusive access to certain features
- A special functionality
- Beta access
- Something to show recognition for their support
- People appreciate physical products more, even if they are of less value.
- People love their egos.
Talking to customers during the pre-launch phase
How do you get people on the waitlist (marketing & promotion)
- Facebook Ads
- Google Ads
- Niche community engagement (a fancy way of saying identifying groups where people might be relevant and developing relationships with those groups, not spamming)
- Content marketing
- Emails and Newsletters
How long does it take to plan and deploy a referral campaign?
3 first thing to do when deploying a referral campaign.
- Customer persona
- Customer Journey Map
- Why would they sign up for the waiting list?
- Why would they refer friends?
- Why would they wait for the launch?
3 mistakes businesses making referral waitlists and referral programs
- Founders make the assumptions that everyone loves their product. It hurts, but in this busy world, people do not have the mental capacity to care deeply about every brand they interact with. Founders should accept that and try their best to remind and motivate people about why their brand and product exist.
- Lack of planning. Ofter startups would get an idea about deploying a referral program, implement it the next day and get annoyed that it did not get any traction. Good things take time and deep thinking, and referral programs or waitlists are no exception. To increase the chases of viral growth, startups should first define their customer persona, messaging, and customer journey map and build a referral program upon those fundamentals.
- Not looking at data. Companies should understand their unit economics and how their K-factor performs to achieve serious growth. You can learn more about .
Nikitas has launched products in many industries for himself and his clients. He's responsible for growth at Viral Loops and has worked in marketing since he was 17. Passionate about applying psychology to marketing. My favourite number: 42. Let's connect on LinkedIn!