Welcome to our Website which is owned and operated by VIRAL LOOPS TECHNOLOGIES INC., located at 422 Richards St, Suite 170, Vancouver, BC V6B 2Z4 (“VIRAL LOOPS”, “we,” or “us”) and contact email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These definitions should help you understand this policy.
When we say “we,” “us,” “our,” and “VIRAL LOOPS,” we are referring to VIRAL LOOPS TECHNOLOGIES INC., located at 422 Richards St, Suite 170, Vancouver, BC V6B 2Z4 and contact email email@example.com. We provide an online platform that you may use to market to or stay in contact with others, including creating, and managing viral and referral campaigns and other information related to your Participants (the “Services”).
When we say “User,” we are referring to the person or entity that is registered with us to use the Services.
When we say “you,” we are referring either to a User or to some other person who visits our Website.
A “Participant” is a person you contact through our Services, or a person who you might choose to contact at some point in the future through the use of our Services. In other words, a Participant is anyone on your Participant List or about whom you have given us information. A “Participant List” is a list of Participants and all associated information related to those Participants (for example, email addresses).
“Personal Information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify you or a Participant, directly or indirectly, including, but not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation or other demographic information.
While providing the Services, and as described in more detail below, we may collect Personal Information about a Website visitor, User, person or email address on or related to a Participant List, or Participant, in the manner described below.
The information we collect may be "personally identifiable" (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or "non‐personally identifiable" (meaning it can't be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, as described below.
1. Information you voluntarily provide to us: When you sign up for and use the Services, consult with our customer service team, send us an email, post on our blog, integrate the Services with another website or service (for example, when you choose to connect your e-commerce account with Viral Loops), or communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily giving us information that we collect. That information may include, depending on your interaction with us, either your or your Participants’ name, physical address, email address, IP address, phone number, credit card information, as well as details including gender, occupation, location, purchase history, and other demographic information.
2. Whenever you use our web application there's certain information that gets created and recorded in an automated way. This information we collect includes:
a. Log Data. When you use our web application our servers automatically record information about your interaction with our Services ("log data"), including information that your browser sends whenever you use it to access our Website. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you were visiting before you came to our Website, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you used the web application.
b. Information on the participants participating in your campaigns including information such as: a) name, b) email, c) social profile.
c. Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using the VIRAL LOOPS app on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings.
3. List and email information: When you add a Participant List to VIRAL LOOPS, we have and may access the data on your list. If a Participant chooses to use the ‘invite a friend through email’, it will allow the Participant to share your email content with individuals not on your Participant List. When a Participant invites a friend through email, we do not store their friend’s email address, and they are not added to any Participant List as a result of the ‘invite a friend through email’. The User who created the email campaign only sees an aggregate number of times their campaign was forwarded by a participant and does not have access to the email addresses used to share or receive that content.
Moreover, we use web beacons on our Websites, emails and widgets. When we send emails to our Users, we may track behavior such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of Users. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We also include Web Beacons in the emails we deliver for you to the Participants. We use the data from those Web Beacons to create reports about how your email campaign performed and what actions your Participants took. Reports are also available to us when we send email for you, so we may collect and review that information.
6. Information from other sources: From time to time we may obtain information about you or your Participants from third party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third party data providers and our joint marketing partners. We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally permitted or required to disclose such information to us. Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include: demographic information, device information (such as IP addresses), location, and online behavioral data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links). We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant products features, and services.
7. Third-party websites with Viral Loops widgets and snippets: When our widgets and snippets are installed on third party websites, we apply rate-limit tactics based only on the IP address of the visitor, in order to prevent our public API from being abused. These IP addresses are saved in temporary storage that expires after 1 minute. In case our public API is being abused, we reserve the right to collect and process the offending IP address(es) to protect our Users and systems. Otherwise, Viral Loops does not collect, retain or share any personally identifiable information gathered on sites or apps not owned by Viral Loops. This includes both unique user identifiers and IP addresses. Viral Loops does not use the domain viral-loops.com for fingerprinting.
1. To promote use of our services to you and others. If you use any of our services and we think you might benefit from using another similar service we offer, we may send you an email about that. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email we send. In addition, we may use your personal information to advertise our services to potential or other users like you, upon your consent.
2. To send you informational and promotional content in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can stop receiving our promotional emails or Messenger notifications by following the unsubscribe instructions.
3. To bill and collect money owed to us by our Users. This includes sending you e-mails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and credit card payments.
4. To send you system alert messages. For example, we may inform you of temporary or permanent changes to our services, such as planned outages, new features, version updates, releases, abuse warnings, and changes to our terms and policies.
5. To communicate with our Users about their account and provide customer support.
6. To enforce compliance with our Terms and applicable law. This may include developing tools and algorithms that help us prevent violations.
7. To protect the rights and safety of our Users, Participants, as well as our own.
8. To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
9. To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
10. To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
11. To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements.
12. To provide, support, and improve the services we offer. This includes our use of the data that our users provide us in order to enable our Users to use the services to communicate with their Participants. This also includes, for example, aggregating information from your use of the services or visit to our websites and sharing this aggregated information with third parties to improve our services. This might also include sharing your information or the information you provide us about your campaign Participants with third parties in order to provide and support our services or to make certain features of the services available to you, always in accordance with your marketing preferences.
13. To provide suggestions to you. This may include adding features that compare users’ viral and referral campaigns, or using data to suggest products or services that you may be interested in or that may be relevant to you or your campaign participants.
14. To transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganization, or acquisition. In that event, any acquirer will be subject to our obligations under these Terms. We will notify you of the change either by sending you an email or posting a notice on our Website.
15. For recruitment purposes if you have applied for a role with Viral Loops.
16. To customize content and layout of the Websites.
We do not use your data for automated decision making, including profiling.
If you are a Participant and no longer want to be contacted by one of our Users, please unsubscribe directly from that User’s campaign or contact the User directly to update or delete your data. If you contact us, we may remove or update your information within a reasonable time.
We will retain Personal Information we process on behalf of our Users for as long as needed to provide our Services or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
a. Blog. We have public blogs on our Websites. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us here. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
b. Social media platforms and widgets. Our Websites include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button. These features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
If you are from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Information described above will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect and use Personal Information from you where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data-protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Typically, our legitimate interests include improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing our technology, products, and services; ensuring the security of the Services and our Websites; and for our marketing activities.
If you are a User, we may need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you. In some limited cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you. If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not, as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information.
Finally, we will collect Personal Information if we have your consent to do so.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this policy:
a. Service Providers. Sometimes, we share your information with our third party Service Providers, who help us provide and support our Services. Examples of Service Providers include payment processors, hosting services and content delivery services.
b. Advertising partners. We may partner with third party advertising networks and exchanges to display advertising on our Websites or to manage and serve our advertising on other sites and may share Personal Information with them for this purpose. All third parties with which we share this information are required to use your Personal Information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, regulation or legal request; enforce our site policies or protect ours or others rights, property or safety or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. However non‐personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing or other uses. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy. Moreover, we may share your personal information with any other person with your consent.
We are committed to protecting your personal information against unauthorized use or disclosure. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information.
Our databases, servers and offices are located in the EU. If we transfer your data outside the EU, we will take all necessary steps to protect your privacy according to GDPR and other applicable laws .
You have the following data protection rights:
1. To access, correct / update, or request erasure of your Personal Information. Viral Loops takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact us directly at any time about accessing, correcting / updating, or deleting your Personal Information, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing us at email@example.com
2. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
3. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data subjects rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Users and Website visitors who receive marketing emails or Facebook Messenger notifications can opt out of receiving marketing emails or Messenger notifications from us at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our marketing messages or writing “Unsubscribe” or “Stop” on Messenger.
Also, all opt-out requests can be made by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some communications (such as service messages, account notifications, billing information) are considered transactional and necessary for account management, and Users cannot opt out of these messages unless they cancel their Viral Loops account.
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we'll refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
1. Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
2. Whether the data is necessary to provide our Services.
3. Whether our Users have the ability to access and delete the data within their Viral Loops accounts.
4. Whether our Users would reasonably expect that we would retain the data until they remove it or until their Viral Loops accounts are closed or terminated.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated April 29th, 2022.